Drayton Valley & District Agricultural Society is committed to preserving the rural lifestyle by supporting agricultural events, 4-H, Evergreen Farmers' Market, Youth leadership and community educational initiatives with an agriculture focus. Our main financial sponsors are Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development and Brazeau County.
What's Happening around town this year for our Ag Society?
- Weekly Wednesday Farmers Markets 10:30-1:30 @ the Omniplex
- 4-H Achievement Show & Sale May 30, 2016 at the Omniplex
- Big West Cruisers Horse Show June 11, 2016 at the Omniplex
- Horsemanship Clinic with Jesse Thomson at Bent River Ranch June 25 & 26, 2016
- July 1, 2016 Ag Float in the Lions Parade & Special Farmers' Market at the Omniplex. FREE Family activities 11am-3pm, Enter the Servus Credit Union Sponsored watermelon Eating Contest and pick up a tree from the Kids Club Table (100 to give away) Thanks to our Kids Club Sponsor (Weyerhaeuser)
- August 6th, 2016 Two Rivers Ranch Rodeo & Heavy Horse Pull at the Bent River Ranch.
- September 23 & 24, 2016-Christmas in September Market 5-9 Friday Night, & 10-4 Saturday
- Alberta Culture Days Fair & Bench Show October 1, 2016 at the D.V. Legion 8am-5pm
- Antique Tractor Pull October 1 & 2, 2016 at the Lions Grounds (Free Admisison)
- November 5th, 2016 Guitars & Denim Steak supper & Awards Night at the Drayton Valley Legion
The Farm Family of the year for 2015 was Jeff & Brandy Bundt
The Pioneer Family for 2015 was John & Lina Ewanicke
Volunteer of the Year was Larry Beckett
Scholarship recipients for 2015 are Hannah Madill & Riley Raines
Kelli-Lynn Robertson Memorial Scholarship recipient for 2015 is Riley Raines
The Winner of the UFA playhouse was: Bruce & Linda Benesch from Wildwood Alberta.
The Quad draw was November 7, 2015 and the Winner was Craig Werger